The Magnificent Churches Trail
North East Norfolk is blessed with a very fine array of medieval churches. When visiting the ones on this trail, you will discover many little known masterpieces of medieval craftsmanship, and gain insights into local life in past centuries.
The trail begins with St Mary’s Church in Tunstead, then travels northwards stopping in North Walsham and several charming villages before ending the day in St Mary’s Church, Erpingham.
FREE Magnificent Churches Trail Guide
Download your FREE Guide to print out or use on your mobile.
For further historical information about each of the churches on this trail, visit these pages:
1. St Mary’s Church, Tunstead
2. St Mary’s Church, Worstead
3. St Nicholas Church, North Walsham
4. All Saints Church, Edingthorpe
5. St Peter and St Paul Church, Knapton
6. St Botolph Church, Trunch
7. St Mary’s Church, Erpingham
What you said"Very peaceful and picturesque. A wonderful place to stay for peace and quiet and lovely walks and beaches. The accommodation is first class and you couldn't ask for better hosts."
Emma O'conor, Basingstoke - May 2017